December, 19 2018
The Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame Calls a Time Out to Give Thanks for All Things College Football this Thanksgiving
Turkey, dressing, pumpkin pie and football: A combination that’s about as American as it gets each Thanksgiving. As we gear up for a week full of food, family and rivalries – on the field of course, it’s important to reflect on what you’re truly thankful for this year. To show our gratitude for our first responders, the Hall is offering free admission with the purchase of a regularly priced ticket (valid ID required) at our box office from November 18 through November 25. Additionally, from today through December 31, local fans with a valid ID from one of Atlanta’s nine metro counties will receive a discounted admission price of $17.99, as well as a discount at the Hall’s retail store.
As we continue to give thanks for the things that are most important to us, here are the top five reasons we are thankful for college football.
5) Food Comas – Indulging in too much of our favorite dishes may be one of the best Thanksgiving traditions! There is nothing better than heading to the couch after a great meal to cheer your team to victory and maybe sneak in a catnap too!
4) Playoff Watch – Who’s in? The weekly rankings and endless debates are what we live for!
3) Stadiums – From hedges and hills to colorful end zones and blue turf, college football has some of the most unique and historical stadiums in all of sports.
2) Saturdays – What other day of the week do you get to take your shirt off and wear body paint while standing in the cold for three hours with five of your closest friends?
1) Traditions – Calling the Hogs, Sooner Schooner, Gator Chomp and Ralphie’s Run, traditions make this game great. As we prepare to celebrate college football’s 150th anniversary in 2019, we can all agree traditions ignite our passion like nothing else!