Job Title: Director of Sales and Events
Job Location: 250 Marietta Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: VP Marketing & Communications
Atlanta Hall Management, Inc. (AHM) operates the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame, located in the heart of downtown Atlanta across from Centennial Olympic Park. The Hall opened its doors in August 2014 and has established itself as one of the nation's most engaging, interactive experiences, and unique venue destinations. The Hall of Fame's mission is to educate, entertain, connect, and inspire in a way that celebrates, honors, and preserves the people, traditions, and passions of college football.
The Director of Sales and Events will assume a leadership role in developing and implementing sales strategies and guiding the team to drive revenue through events via hospitality, venue rental, and food and beverage. This position requires a strong background in sales, event management, team leadership, and a proven ability to analyze performance metrics and utilize data for strategic decision-making. The ideal candidate will possess excellent public speaking skills, demonstrate exceptional team leadership qualities, and foster a positive and dynamic sales culture.
Role, Responsibilities, and Key Performance Areas:
- Lead the development and execution of sales strategies and campaigns to maximize revenue from catered events.
- Take charge of recruiting and onboarding sales team members in collaboration with the Human Resources Manager.
- In conjunction with the team, and third-party entities proactively pursue new business opportunities through sales calls, presentations, events, and client prospecting.
- Engage in cross-departmental planning meetings to identify revenue synergies and support the event sales department's goals.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Cultivate and strengthen customer relationships, serving as a positive ambassador for the Hall of Fame brand internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
The successful candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and demonstrate their ability to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Expertise in financial analysis, planning, budgeting, and deal structuring.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficiency in evaluating risks and liabilities associated with special events and venue rentals.
- CRM aptitude and familiarity with TripleSeat is a plus.
- Effective delegation and task-management skills.
- Ability to develop and present well-founded recommendations to senior management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in events, sales, client service, sports marketing, catering or a similar function.
- Strong client relations skills and a professional demeanor at all times.
- Proven leadership experience in a sales environment, including coaching, mentoring, hiring, training, and performance management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- CMP Certification is a plus.
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required, as you may be using a company vehicle for various event responsibilities.