Job Title: Director of Sales and Events
Job Location: 250 Marietta Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: VP Marketing & Communications
Atlanta Hall Management, Inc. (AHM) operates the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame, located in the heart of downtown Atlanta across from Centennial Olympic Park. The Hall opened its doors in August 2014 and has secured its reputation as one of the nation’s most engaging and interactive experiences. The Hall of Fame’s mission is to educate, entertain, connect and inspire in a way that celebrates honors and preserves the people, traditions, and passions of college football.
The Director of Sales and Events will be responsible for developing and executing catered event sales strategies that will maximize revenue. This position will be responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and motivating the event sales staff to optimize sales team performance. The ideal candidate should have multiple years of first-hand sales and event management experience. They should be comfortable analyzing performance metrics, data, and analytics and how to utilize the information available to forecast and drive decision-making. The Director of Sales and Events should be comfortable speaking in public, a proven team leader, has the ability to create and manage a positive and dynamic sales culture.
Role, Responsibilities, and Key Performance Areas:
- Develop sales strategies and campaigns to maximize the sales of catered events.
- Oversee all sales team member recruiting and onboarding in partnership with the Human Resources Manager.
- Proactively solicit new business by making sales calls, creating presentations, leading sales events and engaging in new client prospecting.
- Participate in planning meetings to discuss cross departmental revenue opportunities and collaborate with other team members to support and further the sales department goals.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and grow relationships with customers and be a positive ambassador of the Hall of Fame brand internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Expertise in financial analysis, planning, budgeting and deal structuring.
- Ability to work both traditional and non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively evaluate risks and liabilities of special events and venue rentals.
- Experience with TripleSeat a plus.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to develop and deliver sound recommendations to senior management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field required. Minimum of 5 years of related management experience in events, sales, public relations, client service, sports marketing, or similar function.
- Strong client-relations skills and polished professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Proven leadership experience in a sales environment including coaching, mentoring, hiring, training, and performance management
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- CMP Certification a plus
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required as you may be driving and using a company vehicle for various event responsibilities.