College Football Hall of Fame Technology Internship Program
Powered by Microsoft
The College Football Hall of Fame (CFHOF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established in 1951 to celebrate the universal values of hard work, integrity and perseverance; preserve the traditions and history of college football and immortalize the greatest players and coaches as role models for future generations. Today, the National College Football Hall of Fame stands as a 95,000 square-foot shrine and the most complete repository of the history of college football. The Hall is a technology-driven entertainment and educational experience that combines priceless artifacts with cutting-edge technology to tell the story of the game, the traditions, the fan bases and the greatest of the great on the gridiron.
In partnership with official technology partner, Microsoft, the Hall of Fame is currently seeking two interns interested in practical work experience including an introduction to Windows and Surface desktop support and the technical operation of a public-facing, integrated experiential network. The internship will involve unique challenges and substantive technical projects. It is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the IT field working with internal stakeholders and external partners. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual pursuing a career in IT. A passion for college football and its history is a plus. A candidate should also be able to work flexible hours and prepared to operate in the high-pressured environment of a public-facing technical operation.
Internship Description and Goals:
The Information Technology Intern will provide direct technical support to the CFHOF for network, hardware and software issues. Duties include installing and maintaining computer systems, resolving internet and network access issues (wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to triage and provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed/requested, providing training to staff on software and hardware use, determining causes of malfunctions through evaluation and testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance.
The goal of the internship is to provide each individual with the opportunity to:
- Absorb field knowledge related to varying scopes of IT by working on multiple tasks at the CFHOF.
- Complete important assignments that will directly contribute to the success of the CFHOF.
- Improve his/her technical and professional ability and knowledge base.
- Network with department leaders and other professionals.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level degree in an IT or computer related field.
- A basic understanding of computer network cabling and network file and print services.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Proficiency in computer applications with some knowledge of cloud computing and services.
- Resourcefulness and ability to conduct research via internet.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Communication skills including ability to respond effectively to inquiries or technical issues.
- A problem-solving mindset.
This is a non-exempt, temporary position paid at the rate of $13.50 per hour. Interns may receive course credit dependent upon individual requirements. Interns are responsible for submitting completed weekly timesheets and any applicable credit requirements to Zachary Erickson.
Application Submission Requirements:
- The candidate’s cover letter should address all requested information:
- How your education, prior work experience and/or current skillset makes you the ideal candidate for the College Football Hall of Fame.
- The availability to work a minimum of 25 hours per week (weekend days acceptable) between 9 am and 6 pm.
- If seeking course credit, any necessary requirements.
Click here to apply.