Job Title: Intern
Job Location: 250 Marietta Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Department: Sponsorship and Development
Reports to: VP of Development
Internship Duration: May 2023 - August 2023
Internship Status: Part-Time; Monday- Friday (30 hours per week)
Atlanta Hall Management, Inc. (AHM), a 501(c)(3), operates the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame, located in the heart of downtown Atlanta across from Centennial Olympic Park. The Hall opened its doors in August 2014 and has secured its reputation as one of the nation’s most engaging and interactive experiences. The Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame’s mission is to entertain, educate and inspire in a way that celebrates, honors, and preserves the people, traditions, and passions of college football.
In partnership with founding partner, Kia, the College Football Hall of Fame (CFHOF) is currently seeking one intern to assist all facets of a major sports museum/attraction specifically within the sponsorships and development department with the inclusion of partnership activation, sales, and fundraising. In this role, the intern will provide key support to the day-to-day operations of executing existing contractual programs and prospecting new opportunities. It is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the development field working with internal stakeholders and external partners. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual pursuing a career in sports sales, sponsorships, or development. A passion for college football and its history is a plus.
We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable of sports and sponsorship development strategies, specifically college football and business dynamics. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit industry. These key tasks and assignments will contribute to the overall development of the CFHOF and growing awareness.
Application Submission Requirements:
• The candidate’s cover letter should address all requested information:
• How your education, prior work experience and/or current skillset makes you the ideal candidate for the College Football Hall of Fame.
• The availability to work a minimum of 25 hours per week (weekend days acceptable) between 9 am and 6 pm.
• If seeking course credit, any necessary requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, and Abilities:
• Self-motivated, self-starter, self-organized.
• Works effectively and collaboratively with team members.
• Recognizes the importance of internal and external deadlines.
• Works effectively under pressure.
• Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills, good oral and written communication skills, and excellent analytical skills.
• Curiosity, coachable, willingness to engage, excellent communication skills.
• Authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and programs simultaneously and successfully in a dynamic environment, prioritize effectively, and navigate high-pressure situations often with tight deadlines.
• Flexible schedule for students.
• A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture.
• Opportunity to attend meetings and events.
• On-the-job training.
• This is a non-exempt, temporary position paid at the rate of $14.50/hr. Interns can also receive course credit depending on requirements. It is the responsibility of the intern to complete and submit weekly timesheets and, if applicable, credit requirements to Ronald Latimer to receive proper earnings and credit.
To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame and the business area to which you are applying. We also suggest that you practice your interview skills by discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor.