Marketing Internship Program (2022)
Atlanta Hall Management, Inc. (AHM) is a non-profit, 501(c) 3, charitable organization established to operate the College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience (CFHOF). The 94,256 square foot space located on Marietta Street near the Georgia World Congress Center, Georgia Dome, and Omni Hotel showcases an exciting, entertaining, and highly interactive attraction to hundreds of thousands of college football fans, tourists, and business travelers in one of the largest and most vibrant, diverse cities in the country.
The College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience is currently seeking interns to fill a number of marketing roles with the inclusion of archive and exhibits, sales, fundraising, marketing, operations, and visitor experience to assist with the overall facets of operating a major sports museum/attraction. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will have an interest in football and its history and should be pursuing a career in sports management or marketing, museum studies, or sports history. In addition, the intern should expect flexibility in hours and hard work required to succeed in a start-up environment.
- To provide each intern with the opportunity to absorb field knowledge related to sports and entertainment marketing by working on various key tasks within the CFHOF marketing and promotions group.
- To work through important assignments that will contribute to the overall development of the CFHOF and growing awareness and trial.
- Allow interns to prove his/her abilities and knowledge base.
We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable of sports and entertainment marketing strategies and specifically college football and business dynamics. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit and marketing field.
Application Submission Requirements:
- Candidates cover letter should fully respond to the following questions/requests:
- Please clearly define how your prior work experience and/or skillset makes you the ideal candidate for Atlanta Hall Management | College Football Hall of Fame.
- Please specify the length of time and availability to commit to this opportunity given any academic obligations (i.e. – are you committed to a minimum of25 hrs. per week between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm based on class schedule, projects, etc.)
- Please indicate if you seek course credit for this opportunity and describe what is necessary to receive course credit.
- Interested candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, and references to Ronald E. Latimer via email at email@example.com
Will possess the ability to work well individually and in a fast-paced, continually evolving, team-centric work environment with the willingness to complete tasks regardless of their nature.
Must have high attention to detail and the ability to organize and complete diverse sets of tasks punctually.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable computer program knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with social networking sites.
- Available to work 25 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- General interest and knowledge of college football.
- Working toward a degree in sports management or marketing, museum studies, and sports history are highly recommended, but not required.
This is a non-exempt, temporary position paid at the rate of $13.50/hr. Interns can also receive course credit depending on requirements. It is the responsibility of the intern to complete and submit weekly timesheets and, if applicable, credit requirements to Human Resources to receive proper earnings and credit.
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required as you will be driving and using a company vehicle at events.