Job Title: Manager, Fan Experience
Job Location: 250 Marietta Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
Department: Fan Experience
Reports to: VP Operations & Guest Experience
Atlanta Hall Management, Inc. (AHM) provides management services to the College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta across from Centennial Olympic Park, the Hall opened its doors in August 2014 and has secured its reputation as one of Atlanta’s most engaging and interactive attractions. AHM’s mission is to entertain, educate, and inspire in a way that celebrate, honors, and preserves the people, traditions, and passions of college football.
Value #1 – Create Genuine Happiness
Value #2 – Commitment to the Team
Value #3 – Continuous Improvement
The Fan Experience Manager position provides management, oversight and guidance to the Fan Experience team ensuring a productive and positive environment that will allow the company culture to thrive, thus supporting superior guest experience.
The Fan Experience Manager must be a leader who has a servant, lead-by-example style. Candidate must have proven leadership experience having provided supervision to a large team. The candidate will also be involved in leading and executing various projects for the department.
Role, Responsibilities, and Key Performance Areas:
- Lead by example in the management of the staff and the guest experience
- Manage Fan Experience leadership team and Fan Ambassador team, including continuous development
- Provide timely training, development, coaching, discipline and recognition to employees
- Maintain a positive team culture that embodies our Guidelines for Guest Service. Consistently evaluates the organization and its effectiveness
- Perform Manager on Duty responsibilities for 2-4 days per week (responsibilities noted in Standard Operating Procedures).
- Work with Marketing to ensure exhibitions, programs and special events are successful, staffed appropriately and communicated accurately
- Responsible to oversee recruiting of Team Members with Human Resources
- Oversees the creation and update of Standard Operating Procedures throughout Fan Experience
- Become very knowledgeable in departmental tasks such as scheduling, timecard approvals, box office/ticketing (and its associated software), event execution, recruiting, training, Under Armour, operations, security and registration
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Be a self-starter able to work well with minimal supervision
- Confidence to passionately represent the Hall to a wide variety of audiences in such a way that the customer has a very positive experience
- Maintains professionalism at all times
- Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication; create written communication for various audiences and listen to understand perspective of others
- Shares a contagious enthusiasm for the Hall, it’s employees and our initiatives
- Willingness to step in and help cross-functional team in various areas based on business need. This may include being project lead for certain situations
- Ability to proactively identify issues (or potential issues) and present reasonable solutions to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Must work well in a fast-paced work environment and understand how to prioritize customer and team member needs
- Ability to manage a team effectively.
Education & Experience:
- Must have 3 to 10 years of progressive leadership and supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Advanced fluency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record is required as you will be driving and using a company vehicle at events.