Job Title: Event Manager
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Department: Operations and Infrastructure
FLSA: Exempt (TBD)
Reports to: VP Operations and Infrastructure
Atlanta Hall Management, Inc. (AHM) provides management services to the College Football Hall of Fame (CFHOF) which opened in August 2014. The organization’s mission is to entertain, educate, and engage our guests in a way that celebrates and honors the passion of college football, along with its people and traditions.
Value #1 – Create Genuine Happiness
Value #2 – Commitment to the Team
Value #3 – Continuous Improvement
The Events Manager is responsible for the full operational coordination and implementation of all private events sold by the Omni team, internal members, and corporate events. This includes the coordination of all operational tasks associated with the event and working with various internal departments including Operations & Infrastructure, Fan Experience, Omni Sales and Service, Marketing, and Finance to ensure that events run smoothly. Additionally, the Event Manager may represent the CFHOF at various industry events. Examples of currently planned internal events include (but will not be limited to) the annual Golf Tournament, Legacy Dinner, Black History month panel, and other functions.
Role, Responsibilities, and Key Performance Areas:
• Work with internal Hall departments to coordinate all aspects of each private event including security needs, housekeeping, tours/pre-registration, power needs, special conditions (early closures to any part or all of the building, pipe and drape needs, etc.), A/V, and event branding
• Prepare and distribute comprehensive “Run of Show” documents for each private event
• Develop load-in and load-out plans for each event
• Work closely with vendors, exhibitors, and/or caterers, making them aware of Hall of Fame policies and procedures.
• Ensure the needs of vendors, exhibitors, and/or caterers have been met before, during, and after an event
• Lead Event Huddle Meetings with Fan Ambassadors
• Manage internal group sales and event calendar
• Onsite management of events and serve as contact day of the event for all vendors, FELT and client
• Order, organize and accept all event deliveries needed for an event
• Ensure each event is closed out according to Hall policies
• Maintain an inventory of all Hall owned event supplies and equipment and oversee re-order or repair as needed
• Vendor management (golf courses, Omni, AV, décor, entertainment, etc.)
• Oversight and planning of Hall of Famer guest list, travel, hospitality
• Participate in Hall Activations at Tradeshows: (ACVB, SYTA, ABA, etc.)
• Work with respective departments to develop plans and budget
• Attend designated events as needed
• Manage schedule and work assignments for Event Coordinator
• Other miscellaneous special projects and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or business with an emphasis in Events/Project Management or 3-5 years of event planning/logistics
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage time, multiple projects, and work well with little or no supervision to achieve required results.
• Motivated, self-starter with a proactive personality who can work independently or with a team
• Must have good relationship and customer service skills and experience
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions to open channels of communication; listen to understand the perspective of others.
• Need to perform responsibilities with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to solve problems; willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/ and PowerPoint programs (must be able to prepare reports, mail merge, spreadsheets, and organizational charts).
• Possess a high level of attention to accuracy, details, and deadlines.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and outside the core business as needed.
• Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification desired, but not required
• Applicant must possess a current, valid driver’s license.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
• The manager frequently is required to walk.
• The manager is occasionally required to sit.
• The manager must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds