Job Title: Staff Accountant
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Department: Accounting & Finance
Reports to: Finance and Data Analytics Manager
Atlanta Hall Management, Inc. (AHM) provides management services to the College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta across from Centennial Olympic Park, the Hall opened its doors in August 2014 and has secured its reputation as one of Atlanta’s most engaging and interactive attractions. AHM’s mission is to entertain, educate, and inspire in a way that celebrates and honors the people, traditions, and passion of college football.
AHM is seeking a Staff Accountant to provide financial and payroll support to our non-profit entity. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter with proven success in working in a fast-paced environment.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for routine General Ledger closing activities, processing payroll, and checks. In addition, there will be the need for analyzing certain accounts and problem-solving situations. Proven experience in Excel and the ability to analyze and interpret data is required.
Role, Responsibilities, and Key Performance Areas:
- Assist in the execution of the Organization’s accounting functions including general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, ticketing, fixed assets, and account coding as necessary
- Participate in the monthly accounting close to ensure the accuracy of consolidated financial statements including proper classification of Balance Sheet, revenues, and expenses.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are properly followed and documentation is maintained.
- Prepare journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reconcile Bank Statements monthly.
- Perform analysis of revenues, expenses, and balance sheet accounts as necessary.
- Assist in completing weekly and monthly ticketing reconciliations.
- Process invoices and prepare checks for signature, mail and file checks with documentation.
- Assist in processing payroll and benefit charges in ADP.
- Assist in preparations for the annual financial statement audit and Form 990 Filings.
- Responsible for office management including ordering supplies and maintaining adequate inventory of essential items (i.e., copier paper), and preparing expense reports for Executives.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions to further comprehend and listen to understand perspective of others
- Must be a self-starter able to work well with minimal supervision
- Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get the job done.
- Exhibits good time management skills and is results driven and deadline oriented.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong Excel skills required
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA not required.
- 2-5 years of Accounting experience (non-profit accounting experience preferred).
- Proficient in Accounting Software applications. Experience with ADP and SAP Business by Design are preferred.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- May be required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time at events
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally